General Manager – The Sabrina Boat
Salary: £24,000 – £26,000
We are looking for an experienced General Manager to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis. If you like a bit of variety and beautiful views on the water, then this role is for you.
The Sabrina boat is a 60-seater passenger vessel on the River Severn that runs on the river loop around Shrewsbury town centre. We offer day trips with table service for drinks and live commentary.
As well as our day trips, the Sabrina Boat operates as a function venue. These ranges from our own theme nights to private parties
About the role:
As the General Manager, you will oversee the smooth running of all hospitality operations including day-to-day or evening cruises whilst sailing along the Severn during our season from March to October.
As the boat operates seasonally, you will spend four months of the years working with in the office (This means no worries about Christmas Parties!). During this period, you will be an integral part of the planning and the marketing for the upcoming season. Throughout this period, you will gain experience within the office environment, and we will endeavour to upskill you in areas that you are keen to develop.
As working on a boat can provide many different challenges, that you may not have encountered before, you will take part in a full training program to provide you all the skills and knowledge needed to be successful with in the role.
- Management of day trips & evening functions
- Ensuring that the levels of service are maintained to the company standard
- Assistance with recruitment & training
- Performance monitoring
- Disciplinary action (although we hope this doesn’t have to happen!)
- EHO compliance
- Inventory management, counts & wet/dry stock orders
- Health & safety management
- Daily cash ups
Requirements of the Front of house Manager:
- Previous experience in hospitality management (preferably Assistant or General management level)
- Experienced in bar and floor service hospitality management
- Ability to lead and cultivate a positive team culture
- Reliable, trustworthy, and flexible
- Strong attention to detail
- Friendly and customer service focused
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
Benefits of the role and joining Sabrina Tours:
- Salaried position, overtime, and tips
- 4 months office based over the Christmas period
- Gym membership
- Staff drink at the end of each shift
- Discounts on our services and products
- Discounts and benefits with our partner restaurants and attractions
- Employee of the month prizes
- Paid break periods
- Bike to work scheme
How to apply
CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com with the reference ‘Front of House Manager’ or complete the form below.