Front of House Crew Member – The Sabrina Boat
Hourly rate: Up to £9.50
We are looking for an enthusiastic and customer service focused Front of House Crew Member to join our team on a Temporary, Part/full-time basis. If you like a bit of variety and beautiful views on the water, then this role may be for you!
The Sabrina boat is a 60-seater passenger vessel on the River Severn that runs on the river loop around Shrewsbury town centre. We offer day trips with table service for drinks and live commentary.
As well as our day trips, the Sabrina Boat operates as a function venue. These range from our own theme nights to private parties.
About the role:
Crew members will work with the Front of house Supervisors and Managers of the Sabrina. The role requires a mixture of days, evenings, and weekends. The primary expectation of the role is to provide excellent customer service whilst assisting supervisors and duty managers with all expected tasks.
Full training will be provided to the ideal candidate and performance will be regulated with ongoing development, but a positive work ethic, willingness to learn and professional confidence are great characteristics for anyone joining our team. This role can offer attractive prospects with the ability to develop in several areas. Experience, promotion, and salary increase will be offered to those who wish to earn it.
As working on a boat can provide many different challenges, that you may not have encountered before, you will take part in a full training program to provide you all the skills and knowledge needed to be successful with in the role.
- Customer Service: Being polite and courteous is a must for this business. Crew members should be able to speak with confidence and establish rapport with customers whilst working to serve everyone in adequate time.
- Bar Service: The Sabrina has a fully stocked bar for all our day and evening cruises. Due to space and logistics, we don’t do anything on draught. But spirits, wines, bottled beers, ciders and soft drinks are all available.
- Running/Clearing/Cleaning: Mopping the floors, cleaning the toilets, running food and drinks to tables, clearing tables of glasses or plates and cleaning glassware and crockery are all regular requirements of this role. Crew members must be able to consistently deliver a certain level of high standards with all these tasks.
- Speed and turnaround: Sabrina can operate at a fast pace running 6 trips a day, once an hour, 7 days a week! Crew members will need to be efficient and able to work quickly when needed.
- Presentation: As with any job, crew members are expected to present themselves in a clean and tidy manor for every shift. Wearing the correct uniform including a name badge as well as clean and ironed clothes that adhere to the type of shift whether it be daytime or evening (All uniforms provided by company).
- Punctuality: Sabrina Boat runs daytrips every hour, on the hour. Timing is everything, so turning up early and ready to work for shifts is of paramount importance for this role.
Requirements of the Front of house Crew Member:
- Experience in hospitality bar and floor service is ideal but not essential as training is provided
- Reliable, trustworthy, and flexible
- Friendly and customer service focused
Benefits of the role and joining Sabrina Tours:
- Staff drink at the end of each shift
- Discounts on our services and products
- Discounts and benefits with our partner restaurants and attractions
- Employee of the month prizes
- Paid break periods
- Bike to work scheme
How to apply
CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com with the reference ‘Crew Member’ or complete the form below.