Our educational boat trips are specifically designed for parties of school students.
Shrewsbury and the River Severn provide a rich source of geographic, historic and geological study material in line with the current educational curriculum. We aim to provide an introduction to these topics helping children to actively learn while discovering facts about the River Severn and following its history along the Shrewsbury Map along the River Severn. Full commentary is provided by our knowledgeable guides and can be adapted to suit children of any age.
At the end of their visit, students should have an appreciation of:
- Why Shrewsbury was built on the River Severn
- How the land along the River Severn has been used
- How the River Severn was used for trade and transport
- How the River Severn shaped the growth of industry in Shropshire
- What are the cause and effects of flooding and how we respond
- What wildlife lives in the River Severn
Educational boat trip worksheets
These worksheets can either be used during the trip or back in the classroom to reinforce what has been learnt.
Download our risk assessments for Covid19 below.
Booking an educational trip
Educational boat trips require a minimum of 40 children for exclusive use of the Sabrina. Children are charged at £5.00 each, adults are charged separately at £7.00 each. Tea and coffee is included for all adults on board. Sabrina holds a maximum of 60 passengers. We can run school trips from 10am until 4pm and recommend that you allow 60 minutes for the session.
Make your enquiry using the form below or call us on 01743 369 741.