Hourly rate: £12
Sabrina Boat is currently looking for a personable and enthusiastic skipper to join the ranks! If you like a bit of variety and beautiful views on the water, then this role may be for you!
The Sabrina boat is a 60-seater passenger vessel on the River Severn that runs on the river loop around Shrewsbury town centre. We offer day trips with table service for drinks and live commentary, as well as a range of themed evening parties or food and drink functions for both public events and private hire.
About the role:
Sabrina Skippers will have the pleasure of driving the boat for our day trips which run from March until October, 7 days a week, 6 trips a day (7 Trips per day May to September). Our skippers provide a live commentary during each day trip to inform and entertain passengers during their cruise. We also offer a 3-hour cruise in the evenings for public and private functions.
A level 2 Boat Masters license will be required to operate Sabrina boat. Candidates who already possess this license will need to do their local knowledge training before being able to drive. Candidates who do not possess this licence will have the ability to complete their training with Sabrina tours for free, however, you will be required to cover the MCA costs of obtaining your license. For more information about the costs of obtaining your license, please contact our office.
As this is a permanent role, we can offer flexibility with shifts and some part time work in our winter period when we are closed for the season.
- Driving the boat along the designated route on a regular basis
- Ability to perform required manoeuvres
- Able to perform live safety brief and commentary for up to 60 people at a time.
- Maintaining knowledge of technical aspects
- Maintaining knowledge of river routes
- Maintaining knowledge of town history
- Maintaining knowledge of emergency protocol procedures
- General all-round regular boat maintenance such as engine checks, refuelling and cleaning
Requirements of the Skipper:
- Level 2 Boat Masters License
- Reliable, trustworthy, and flexible
- Diligent and conscientious
- Charismatic and confident with public speaking
Benefits of the role and joining Sabrina Tours:
- Tips on top
- Gym membership
- Staff drink at the end of each shift
- Discounts on our services and products
- Discounts and benefits with our partner restaurants and attractions
- Paid break periods
- Cycle to work scheme
This position is available Full-Time or Part-Time.
As this is a unique position, hours are generally decided between all skippers before the season begins. We always try to ensure that the agreed upon shifts/hours suit all our skipper’s needs.
Sabrina Tours Ltd
10 Roushill Bank
How to apply
CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference ‘Skipper’ or complete the form below.